We already know that flame retardants in upholstery and carpet cause myriad health problems in indoor pets and humans. My mom has conjectured that many cases of SIDS might be caused by all of the chemicals in crib mattresses. Well, looks like mother knows best (again). Check out this article.
With that, we're off to buy safe baby mattresses. It's going to cost a chunk, but it's worth it.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, that's crazy. I've been reading a lot about chemicals in textiles, especially stuff made in China. What are the manufacturers thinking??? Thanks for posting this.
I bought our mattress from these guys:
http://lifekind.com/
and I really like it, as well as sweet buckwheat hull pillow.
The mattress was kind of expensive, so I can't guarantee their prices are that great, but I've been pretty happy with their product.
Yeah, I was wondering about pillows as well. If anyone is looking for natural mattresses, furniture, and bedding, pureaustinteriors.com offers the lowest prices. I bought crib mattresses elsewhere, but they matched the low price. Sweet!
Post a Comment